11.15.2009

Thanks, Ray.

My mom, my friend Ann and I had the pleasure of going to the Ray LaMontagne concert on Friday night. I had been told that it was going to be one of the greatest concerts of my life and it certainly stood up to the hype. First off, the concert was at the State Theatre in downtown MPLS. Gorgeous old theatre. When Ray came out, it was just him, a guitar and a mike. That was it and it was beautiful. He was really friendly and funny, telling us some lovely anecdotes. The music speaks for itself. My only woe is that the second song I recorded didn't record all the way. Lesson learned. Next time make sure to clear off two ENTIRE sd disks. We were in the second balcony, so I was zoomed in a bit, but I think the videos are good anyway. Jess, this post is dedicated to you!

Ray told us that Elvis Costello told him that this was The Song that would bring people to Ray's music for years to come. Like Alison is for Elvis.




No comments:

Post a Comment